“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Thomas A. Edison

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
 Robert Frost

Often times writers get writing blocks resulting in a temporary lost of self-belief in their writing, especially if their much loved published book doesn’t get much attention/sales. Well as Robert Frost says, “life goes on”;  Thomas Edison says, “I just found 10,000  ways that don’t work” (well, maybe); Yet, Ralph Waldo Emerson says, “You have already accomplished the greatest of challenges – you are still you!

18 thoughts on “A Few Quotes that Shine a Light on Being Who You Are.

Karen, thank you for these excellent quotations!

2. frenchc1955 says:

Here are a few wonderful quotations that were compiled by the excellent writer, Karen DeMers Dowdall!

1. Thank you so much Professor French!

3. Your gorgeous images never fail to impart a sense of fantasy and magic, this one is stunning (and yes, I love the quotes, too!)!

1. Kim, I too, loved those images and I searched for just the right images of these three different but oh-so-talented, in many different ways, individuals, and so inspiring they are. thank you so much for your wonderful comment. Karen 🙂

1. It’s a pleasure (always!), Karen!

You are very welcome, Karen!

Fabulous and inspiring, Karen. Excellent quotations. Thank you!

1. Jennie, thank you so much. I was inspired by them and just knew I had to share them. Karen 🙂

I’m so glad you did! 😀

6. Reblogged this on The Reluctant Poet and commented:
    Do Not Miss reading these 3 great quotes!!

1. Thank you so much, I am so thrilled that you thought they were meaningful enough to reblog. I think as poets and writers we especially need to remember who we are and not be side tracked into becoming something we are not. Also, there no such thing as failure as long as you never give up – because life does go on. Karen 🙂

7. dgkaye says:

Thanks for these most profound quotes Karen ❤

8. Hi Karen, great quotes to inspire the writer. Check out my, The Writing Life at http://www.asouthergirl.net.

9. Karen, I made a typo the site is: http://www.asoutherngirl.net. this should work.

10. I particularly appreciate the Thomas Edison quote. It pretty much describes my professional career!

1. Liz, like Thomas Edison, you made it to the top and prevailed. Maybe not as wealthy as he was, but you have accomplished real greatness. Karen 🙂