Please, everyone listen to this. This is what is happening in America.

Dear Kitty. Some blog

This 12 June 2019 video from the USA says about itself:

Climate Change Concentration Camps

Family separation is one of the most controversial actions the Trump administration has taken and now the victims of climate change may be the next locked in cages.

Climate change refugees are on their way and the Trump administration is preparing for them by housing migrants where Japanese Americans were interned during WWII.

Is Donald Trump creating Climate Change Concentration Camps?

This 10 June 2019 video from Stanford University in the USA says about itself:

Synthesizing views from experts in different fields, a new study led by Katharine Mach, Director of the Stanford Environment Assessment Facility, and co-authored by Kenneth Schultz, Professor of Political Science at Stanford, finds that climate has affected the risk of armed conflict to date and its impact is expected to increase substantially with future warming.

As a Dutch…

View original post 1,067 more words

17 thoughts on “Climate change increases risk of wars

Karen, thank you for posting this important piece!

1. Yes, Charles, it is critically important as you well know and of course all of your critically important posts too. Karen 🙂

2. Since we have a wannabe Hitler on our hands and can’t find a way to remove him, this post is probably quite correct. Water shortages and food shortages all over the world have always created havoc and the need to migrate. Thanks for sharing it.

1. My pleasure, Marlene. Great post by you. Karen 🙂

3. Léa says:

Thank you. I believe we must all keep this topic front and center and hold the deniers accountable.

Are you familiar with the re-greening projects in Africa and the Gobi desert in China? You might check out this video https://youtu.be/IDgDWbQtlKI

I did a post on the local demonstration we had last month in Narbonne but there is so much more to do. Thanks for putting it out there.

1. I agree completely. It is so unfathomable that I live in America and this is happening. What has happened to our country…down the drain with the trash in the white house.

1. Léa says:

You are being too kind, and generous… but there is a metaphore there. Trash is toxic and never really goes away.
        Thanks for keeping the light on and trying to keep information, reality, out where someone might pay attention.

2. Thank you, Lea. Karen 🙂

4. Léa says:

As for Hitler, wannabe, and the camps they are indeed concentration camps. As a therapist and former Child Protection officer, I am ill. The laws regarding family separation and children in custody that have been stomped on by this criminal cabal will have far and long-reaching repercussions. Thanks for giving this your attention.

1. Thank you so much, Lea. I think about those children everyday…and it makes me sick that those monsters in the white house have done this, however, they will not go free without punishment and even jail…eventually.

1. Léa says:

Karen, I do hope you are right. I wish I could share your optimism. After SCOTUS gave them carte blance with Gerrymandering, my
        first thought is that Democracy has suffered its fatal blow.
        Climate Change, Anarchy in Oregon and elsewhere around the country…

2. Lea, yes…but I believe there are more sane people in America than insane people in America. At least I hope so. Karen 🙂

3. Léa says:

Karen, while I agree, they are not running the show. Leann 🙂

4. Lea, you are completely correct…I stand corrected. You are so right. I do tend to be a bit of a “Pollyanna”, believing that there are better souls out there, but often I am completely wrong and in this regard, I am wrong…unfortunately. Karen 🙂

5. Léa says:

Karen, there is no need to be sorry. However, it is a time to open our eyes and speak up. The hand I was dealt made it so my eyes were always wide open. However, it took a lot of work to be able to speak up. In all my experiences, I’ve yet to meet anyone who wasn’t wrong at one junction or another. Admitting our errors is not failure but failing to own it and take necessary steps is. The biggest failure is to do nothing. There are many good people out there as you say. Alas, education is far from what it should be and that has gone on for decades. First we must help educate those around us and set an example. Those who are aware must take up the gauntlet. Lea 🙂

6. Léa says:

Sorry for getting back on my soapbox… 🙂