The moments pass,

A moment,

Across the sky,

Let us give,

To the moments,

What they deserve,

For theirs,

Is the strength of time,

For a moment in time,

Is a treasure,

Worth more,

Than the passing of a year,

I ask you then,

For precious moments,

We keep,

And care not,

For the dwindling years.

By K. D. Dowdall

23 thoughts on “Moments

1. Kim, thank you so much. I do believe in moments. Karen 🙂

Karen, this is another beautiful poem!

1. Charles, you are too kind, thank you so much and I am glad you like it! Karen 🙂

2. This is so beautiful, Karen. Graceful words and such a profound message. This gave me chills (the good kind). ❤

3. D. I am so honored by your comment. Thank you so much. Karen 🙂

4. This is very beautiful although the last stanza is quite sad.

1. Yes, and life passes so quickly that sometimes it is only a precious few memories that will remain. This too is a very sad comment and I am sorry. Karen

Wow! This touched me to the core.

1. Jennie, I am so honored by your comment and it was difficult to write this, because I know the truth of it, for me anyway. A life well lived has many precious moments and I have no doubt, you have so many precious moments. I feel gifted with your friendship, Jennie, and I thank so much. This poem is not a grand poem, it is simple, personal, but a feeling, I suppose, that many of us share when looking back over our lives. Karen 🙂

Big things come in little packages. My pleasure Karen, and thank YOU!

2. Jennie, thank you so much. Karen 🙂

6. Hi Robbie, yes, the last stanza is sad, in a way, but true. I was thinking about the moments of our lives as we age, and what we remember. Sometimes, it is the ordinary days and other times it is true love and lost. Other times, it may be the most beautiful day – a birth of child, a marriage, even a death where all has been forgiven. Saying goodbye is the most difficult moment, but it has great beauty too. A life well lived as many beautiful moments. Poetry is about days and nights and memories. Thank you, Robbie, for your lovely comment. Karen 🙂

7. You have such a natural expression of universal feelings…I am becoming addicted…

1. KC, what a beautiful thing to say and I thank you so much. I am honored by your comment. Karen 🙂

8. frenchc1955 says:

This is another wonderful poem from novelist and poet, K.D. Dowdall!

1. Thank you for reblogging, you are so kind and I am always honored. Karen 🙂

9. dgkaye says:

Beautiful words and message Karen. One single moment can last a lifetime in our hearts. 🙂

10. Hi Debbie, thank you for your beautiful message! Karen 🙂

11. Beautiful and a wonderful reminder ‘moments’ pass too quickly. @sheilamgood at Cow Pasture Chronicles

12. Sheila, thank so much and I always feel honored to know that you and others see the meaning of the poem. Thank so much, Karen 🙂