If you wish upon a star,

For true love’s sake,

Please don’t tell it,

Where you are,

For stars are fire,

Burning bright,

And it will surely,

Take your sight,

For if your love is true,

No star can ere replace,

The light of love,

Upon your face,

Should there be,

The darkest night.

K. D. Dowdall

Copyright 2016

20 thoughts on “To Wish Upon a Star

1. Thank you so much! I am humbled and thrilled that you like my poem! Karen 🙂

2. Thank you so much and I am humbled by your lovely complement and reblog! K D 🙂

Oh, yes! ⭐️💫✨

2. artemisdelmar says:

Karen, this is absolutely beautiful! I loved every word and every line of what you wrote. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece! ❤ Delia

1. Delia, thank you so much. I am thrilled that you like it. However, your beautiful poetry has deep meaning and impacts society with truth. Keep writing!! Karen 🙂

3. artemisdelmar says:

Reblogged this on palabras DelMar and commented:
    To wish on a star in the dark of night shows true faith, belief and courage of the heart. That is what has been captured here by K.D. Dowdall. Please take the time to look at her blog you will not be disappointed.

1. Delia, thank you so much. I am honored that a wonderful poet such as you, like my poem. It is a simple little poem with an underlying truth; Love creates it’s own light that shines brighter than any star. Karen 🙂

1. artemisdelmar says:

😊❤️

2. Delia, that is lovely thing for you to do and how kind! You are that kind of person and I am so glad to know you! Karen 🙂

1. artemisdelmar says:

😊 my pleasure! It is a lovely read

Karen, this poem is beautiful!

5. frenchc1955 says:

This is a beautiful poem on the power of love.

1. Charles, thank you so very much and I am humbled and honored that you re-blogged this on your webpage. A very lovely compliment! K D

2. And yes, it is about the power of love shines brighter than any star. Thank you! K D

1. Vincent, thank you very much and I am so honored that you re-blogged my poem, such a lovely compliment!
      Karen