My new novel, The Stone Arch Secret, a romantic mystery, is to be published in January on Amazon! Next week I will publish Chapter One, here on WordPress, please let me know what you think!  My Beta Readers have given The Stone Arch Secret a thumbs up and I am so excited.

Anyone who has written a novel knows how very complicated building a story can be, let alone development of believable characters.  Mysteries have their unique challenges too, for someone like me who is a fantasy writer.  Another challenge, and a very important one, is choosing a title and cover that works for the story content. For me, developing a title is agonizing!  I probably had five or six different titles until this one and this one fit perfectly.

Deciding on a cover that reflects what the story is, is more than challenging, it is exhausting, especially for the designer when the writer doesn’t really know what the cover needs. Fortunately, I have a wonderful, talented Cover Designer, Judy Bullard who understands and is there to present what the author envisions.  She does wonders with whatever title and content needs to be represented, You can find her at: customebookcovers.com.

22 thoughts on “THE STONE ARCH SECRET – A New Novel

1. WL Hawkin says:

I love this cover, Karen! It’s awesome. Congratulations. You are one prolific writer!

2. What a gorgeous cover Karen! Congratulations! I can’t wait to read this!🤗

1. Kim, thank you so much. I think so too! Karen 🙂

3. Reblogged this on By Hook Or By Book and commented:
    This Is So Exciting! CONGRATULATIONS Karen!

1. Kim, how wonderful and kind of you! I hope you will like it. Karen 🙂

4. A romantic mystery sounds very interesting. Looking forward to reading it. Love the cover and the title. Congratulations.

1. Hi there, Thank you so much. I hope you will like it. Karen

5. chocotales says:

I love your cover, and the title is intriguing. I can’t wait to read your first chapter! (By the way, I have the same problem with titles. I’m always envious of those who know theirs right from the start.)

1. Yes!! Titles are so important and covers too. It took ten different titles and several covers until I found the right one ( I hope). Karen

6. frenchc1955 says:

K.D. Dowdall’s new novel, The Stone Arch Secret, will be out soon!

1. Jennie, you are wonderful and thank you so much. Karen 🙂 (I am on vacation so I am just now getting back on line! )

2. Charles – How wonderful of you! Thank you so very much!

Karen, this is wonderful!!

1. Jennie, thank you so much and I hope so. Karen 🙂

You are welcome, Karen! 🙂

1. OIKOS, thank you so very much! Karen 🙂

8. KathrinS says:

Wow, how exciting. It really is very hard to write a novel – congratulations on finishing it and publishing soon! Love the cover.

Kathrin — http://mycupofenglishtea.wordpress.com

1. Kathrin, thank you so much for your lovely comment and greatly appreciated. By the way, I lived in love in the late 80s for two years and love every minute! Karen 🙂

9. Great title for a mystery, Karen, and the cover is gorgeous. I love how the arch frames the woman and the space beyond. Good luck as you get ready for January. 🙂

1. D. Thank you so much! I do love the cover and title. I went through several of both and then like magic they both came into being! Karen 🙂