Psycho is perhaps one of the most terrifying movie masterpiece’s every made, write’s Dr. French, especially for the time period it was produced. Professor French writes with an astute understanding regarding the here-to-for now clichéd rationale that a thieving woman can be viciously murdered on film – not as victim, not as heroine, but as the bad girl. Hitchcock’s movie in many ways changed terror movie-making forever. via https://charlesfrenchonwordsreadingandwriting.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/favorite-horror-films-of-the-1960s-psycho/

charles french words reading and writing

Psycho_(1960)

(https://it.wikipedia.org)

It is time to both revisit and move forward with my series on horror films. Psycho (1960) is a Paramount Film that was both produced and directed by Alfred Hitchcock and was based on the novel Psycho by Robert Bloch.  This movie stands as one of the best, not only horror but American, films as a whole. Hitchcock is, without a doubt, an auteur, one of the great Masters of American cinema, and this film had huge influence on the creation of slasher films and psychopathic villains in films.

The film revolutionized the way the public viewed evil; it did not have to be supernaturally based nor a radiation caused event; rather, Hitchcock established that the human mind and life experience could create more frightening monsters than vampires and werewolves. These are people who suffered horror, and their creators were other people, at least in most cases of psychopathology.

View original post 424 more words

13 thoughts on “Favorite Horror Films of the 1960s: Psycho

Thank you so much for the reblogging!

I must agree, totally. This is the mother of horror films, as Hitchcock is the master of turning real into terror. And, Professor French is the master of writing, especially horror.

1. Yes, on both accounts. Professor French is a master of writing and horror too. 🙂

1. Jeanie, I have nominated you for the LIEBSTER Award! Karen 🙂

Thank you so much, Karen. I am honored, indeed! With so many wonderful bloggers (like you) that I follow, I would have the worst time nominating. I will step aside and say thank you, many times over. My best to you!

3. My pleasure, Jeannie! We are lucky to have you and have been uplifted with hope and joy so many times by the things that you write about. Wonderful. Karen 🙂

The pleasure is mine, as well. Many thanks. Your blog is ‘not to be missed’ as far as I am concerned. -Jennie-

5. Thank you so much Jeannie! Karen 🙂

You are welcome, Karen. Names are so tricky, like Karen Ann(a). For the record it’s Jennie, although Jeannie and a hundred other names have been woven into my life. All beautiful!

7. Jennie, I am so sorry…I am just over tired and didn’t even see that I made a mistake! Karen

No worries at all, Karen! I do this all the time. 😀

9. Jennie, thank you, good to know I am not the only one and you are too kind! Karen 🙂