K. D. Dowdall

Pen and Paper

fantasy-art-wood-winter-painting-landscape-moon-stars-night_1455533

“The wound (in your heart) is the place where the Light enters you.”
Rumi

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
Oscar Wilde

“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
Albert Einstein

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
 Robert Frost

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Thomas A. Edison

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
 Eleanor Roosevelt

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
André Gide

Don’t fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
Bruce Lee

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
Bil Keane

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”

Mahatma Gandhi

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
Dr. Seuss

“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
Dalai Lama XIV

17 thoughts on “QUOTES THAT SHINE A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

1. Keith Haney says:

Love the quotes. Each makes you really think.

2. Thank you very much Keith. These are some of my favorites!

3. frenchc1955 says:

Thank you for sharing these wonderful quotations!

These are wonderful and inspiring quotations!

5. katkent2014 says:

All awesome quotes! Eleanor Roosevelt’s gets me every time. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Truth. Thanks for posting.

1. Hello Katken2014, Yes, they are awesome quotes and every time I read them they lift my spirits and yes, no one can make us feel inferior! Thank you for commenting! 🙂

1. katkent2014 says:

Your welcome. All the best. Hugs, Kat.

2. Katken, thank you and the best to you as well! Karen

6. katkent2014 says:

Reblogged this on Kat's Writing Runway and commented:
    All awsome quotes. Thanks for posting.

1. Katken, thank you for commenting and re-blogging. K.D.

7. sjhigbee says:

I have one of these on my kitchen wall – but they are ALL gems… Thank you for sharing.

1. Yes, I love them too. Thank you for commenting! Karen

8. zhyxtheman says:

Thank you. It’s been a rough few months and this helped me feel better.

1. Zhyxtheman, I am so glad these quotes helped you to feel better, I know when I go through trying times, they make me feel better too! 🙂

9. These quotes are just what I need, not only to inspire myself but also my Memoir Writing Group next semester. Many thanks. Greatly appreciated